I am a convert. I am on the bandwagon. I am taken by the tide. The menstrual tide. The women-rhythm towards greener, cheaper, safer periods. Hurrah!
I’m not usually a risk-taker but I’m glad that I took a chance on this. Everyone I’ve spoken to that has made the change would never go back. If you’re on a budget, the £21.99 price tag on a Mooncup feels like a big chunk, but you will save so much money in the long run. Depending on your previous sanitary product choices, switching to a Mooncup will pay for itself within about three months!
Benefits of the Mooncup:
- It covers all different flows – from the first day of your period to the last, heavy to light.
- It’s easy to clean and store.
- It’s comfortable – once inserted you can’t feel it and can forget about it for 8 hours.
- It’s discreet – no tampon strings sneaking out of your bikini bottoms
- It doesn’t affect the natural balance of your vagina – you don’t get that drying, scratchy feeling.
- No leaking – no ruined knickers: a human right, surely?
At the end of my first cycle, I have no complaints. It takes some practice at first and can take some time to cut the stem to sizebut who didn’t have an awkward learning curve with the dreaded tampon, anyway.
Go forth and cup yourself.