Equality starts small; inequality is enormous. Let’s get riled up and change things.
- Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates: In-depth look at how women are generally perceived by men. Reactions may vary between the genders.
- Violence Against Women – it’s a men’s issue by Jackson Katz: Speaks for itself.
- The Slut, the Spinster and the Perfect Woman by Martha Mosse: Concepts of women and why they are so damaging.
- Confessions of a Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay: Discussion about whether there is a “right” way to be a feminist. Short answer: no, there is not.
- If I Should Have a Daughter by Sarah Kay: Spoken word piece for future mothers and all those who raise children.
- The Price of Shame by Monica Lewinsky: Online cruelty can destroy lives and end them.
- Still figuring it out by Tavi Gevinson: Why it’s ok not to have definitive answers/ a defined pathway. Rookies.
- Embrace Your Inner Girl by Eve Ensler: From the maker of the Vagina Monologues.
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: I go back to this often. It also featured in my general Top Ten Ted Talks post – but its so good I’m recommending it twice.
- Why domestic violence victims don’t leave by Leslie Morgan Steiner: Illusions of dominance; beginnings are deceptive.
Ready for change, now? Good.