Don’t look at getting dressed like an opening to the outside world on those days when the thought of unknown humans getting in your space makes you want to squirm on a galactic level. Get yourself to Narnia, love. Here’s how to take the panic out of the gaping gateway of your wardrobe:
- Jump on it: Jumpsuits = one decision =simple!
- Underneath it all: Wear your most fabulous, flattering underwear – instant confidence boost!
- The long and short of it: Find a length of skirt/ cut of trouser that really suits you and stick with it – work it like a formula!
- The one: Have a go-to outfit and with multiple versions/ colours of the components so that you always have a back up plan!
- Step up: Start from the shoes up – crack on a statement boot to tie your outfit together, or use nude flats with difficult to match prints.
- Icon: Try to channel one of your style icons for a week. Think about how they would accessorise an outfit – try out different signature pieces – high waisted pencil skirt, 80s polka dots…
- Act on instinct: The first thing you choose is usually the right one. Don’t overthink it!
- Block black: Go head to toe black, with a turtle neck, for a dramatic, uncomplicated look.
- Matchmaker: Colour match to something around you – your nail varnish, for example. Work with what you already have on your body. Why not match your tones to your hair or eye colour…
- Phone a friend: If you’re really in a panic, ask someone else’s advice and take the pressure off – they will be able to see you more objectively anyway!
Above all – don’t sweat it! One bad outfit won’t make you a bad person…