Pick-me-ups we could all use now and again:
- Piece of quiet: Half an hour of carefully cultivated silence might do the trick.
- Roller-set: Waking up to a done ‘do is some people’s idea of heaven. Definitely mine.
- Prep-set-go: Get organised for the week. Make lunches, pack bags, iron clothes… Future you is going to love you!
- Me-day: Give yourself a bank-holiday. Book a day off, get rid of the dog, kiss your significant other goodbye and plan a day of unadulterated ME time. Get lost in an antique emporium, eat ice-cream by the tub-load, book into a craft workshop, go to a sex shop, whatever it is, it’s yours!
- Selfie-love: Taking that one perfect, crafted self-portrait gives you a buzz. Take a hit.
- You scrub up well: It might be something as small as lip-liner, it might be a bobby-dazzler of a fur coat – dress up to the nines and shine!
- Take me down to the paradise city: Day trip to a nearby city you don’t see nearly enough of… have a love affair there. With the city. Obviously.
- Vital signs: Take a few minutes to scan your body and put anything right that you can right away. Take your vitamins, drink a glass of water, put a wheat bag on that niggly shoulder, put on some lip balm and hand cream. Note down anything that might need more attention when you have more time.
Disclaimer: There are other ‘Pick-Me-Up’ lists on the market.