Anyone who knows me, knows my deep love of Lush Cosmetics. I am a lover of all things Lush. What’s not to love? Their products are all natural, cruelty free, fantastically fragrant and have witty names. What more could an ezcema-prone, allergic-to-everything, literary lovin’ lady want in her hygiene routine? (Rhetorical question: the answer is nothing)
Here are 10 of my favourite Lush products and why I think they are the bee’s knees:
- Skindrink: A rich moisturiser that is perfect for winter when your skin needs a bit of extra TLC. Great for really dry skin, but the scent is an acquire taste. If your skin is very sensitive/ allergic, try Celestial – a little lighter and good in summer.
- Angels on bare skin: My cleanser of choice. Gentle but gives a little scrub to feel that deep clean. A little bit faffy to use at first, but you’ll soon be a pro paste-maker.
- Soft coeur: This smells amazing, like honey and chocolate and everything beautiful. Although it’s primary use is as a massage bar, I also use it as perfume and I keep one in my underwear drawer, too. Winter aches and pains call for Wiccy Magic Muscles, with its cinnamon and peppermint cosy smell.
- Vanilla puff: My favourite of the dusting powders that must have been discontinued (WHY?!). Also good is Silky underwear. As well as on my body, I like to sprinkle these magic fairy dusts in my shoes to keep them smelling fresh and in my bed-sheets so I wake fresh as a vanilla pod.
- Honey trap: Lip care at its most luxurious. Nourishing without being sticky, pretending not to be food but clearly smelling good enough to eat and contains chocolate. Winner on all counts.
- Vanillary: So good they named it unoriginal-ly. One of the Lush Gorilla perfumes. Karma is my other favourite, perhaps for a clandestine rendezvous. Vanillary is my everyday, never-leaves-my-side-kind-of-vibe. I like it in solid form.
- Jackie Oates: Colour supplement for all over coverage. Sensitive skin friendly and lovely mixed to make a tinted moisturiser. Makes you feel as fresh as an English Rose.
- Feeling younger: Use this as a highlighter/ primer/ eye-brightener. If you’re feeling a little bit 90s, maybe get a shimmer on your shimmy shoulders for a Big Night Out.
- Creamy Candy: Bubblegum baths for all! Chuck a few crumbs in your washing, too, for a scent kick on a sad day.
- Fantasy: Bright gold eyeliner to blow a few minds. It’s big and bold and it’s not going anywhere.
Not only are the products at Lush incredible, but the staff are always gorgeous, friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about finding the best product for you.
A few final tips and tricks:
- Try me: Ask for samples and make sure you find your one.
- Open-ended: Lots of Lush’s cosmetics are multi-purpose, so think about other ways you can use your new toy. Ultrabland is a good all-rounder to have – it serves as a make-up remover, cleanser, barrier to henna/ dye, general smoother of chapped skin.
- What’s in this?: Don’t be squeamish about asking about ingredients – it might help you to identify any allergens or scents that don’t make you feel like a unicorn which, let’s be real, is the aim of the game. Plus, if one product really works for you, you and your Lushie guide will be able to find other products that will also make good things happen.
Happy hygiene routine!